Vampyr

Vampyr

Friday, April 9, 2010

Battle Lines: Strategy guide. Part 1- Taking sides.

Well. It's time for another storyline. And as always, I'm thrilled. But my god is hard to make the deck I want to play.

In this Part 1. I will discuss which faction to play. First of you could play the Loyalists. Then you'll start with the master card Guide and Mentor in play. The card is quite good. You may take a action to gain a Archetype and blood. Quite nice. The Bahari on the other hand get the card Lilith's Blessing. Then you may use a masterphase action to tap LB and make a Non-Bahari get a Master: Discipline card, 3 blood and become Bahari. Now lets take a look on the individually.

Guide and Mentor
Exploits: Well, now you can become Perfectionist, Monster, Cavalier or Dabbler from the beginning.
How to stop it: Well, do you have to. I don't think this is as strong as the LB. I wouldn't concentrate on stopping them more than you should a normal opponent.

Lillith's Blessing
Exploits: If you play lot's of Villeins, LB will be a very strong card. You may also use Heidelberg to move the blood. You may even use Awe and force any vote! If LB is used correctly you may very soon have a pool total of 40!
How to stop it: If your prey plays LB with Villeins you are in big trouble. I think maybe some sort of Blood Deinal tech is a good way to halt a Bahari deck.
These four clans, I think, will have the most to gain from LB

Abomination: With them it would work great! This way they might get some disciplines consistency.
Ahrimanes: Villein + Vulture's Buffet. Now you can use Spirit Claws or other fun stuff.
Baali: Well, if they become Bahari, they don't have to pay to untap. So hey! They must become Bahari!
Blood Brothers: Depending on the circle, this can be good. Hermana Hambrienta Menor (2 cap) comes into play without blood. Now with them you may use any combo of pot + san + anything. Could be quite fun. Other circles might also be fun. With the Thicker than blood card. You may get out any BB at the cost of 2 pool. And hey! Only problem is that you most certainly the Parthenon.
Salubri: Empty you kindred the fill them up again with Renewed Vigor.

I still haven't decided what I want to play. But I probably gonna play Bahari.


2 comments:

  1. I have a big problem with this storyline, namely: tupdog. Since they can make d-actions without a tremere antitribu around, they seem to be very (too) strong. I know of at least 3 players who love to play them on regular tournaments. I think I have to go with a daughters vote deck loaded with tons of prevent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mephisto: Play Tension in the Rank x 3 and watch them oust themselves :D

    ReplyDelete